TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Re: throttle body options?
People Seeking Info

Subject Re: throttle body options?

Posted by RenegadeZ on March 26, 2015 at 5:00 AM
  This message has been viewed 510 times.

In Reply To throttle body options? posted by wickdGSXR on March 25, 2015 at 02:14 AM

Message Hey guys,
I am going to post a fairly general response here on what has all happened with the TBs that I have been working on. I have gotten a bunch of emails overnight and thought this might be best for getting everyone up to speed. (Ill also answer your emails as soon as I get a second at work).

I am almost finished with my first set which I should be able to get out the door in the next few weeks. I am still waiting on one collet/cutter combo for the undercuts on the slotted bolt holes.

I do plan on making up a fairly detailed walk through on what exactly I am doing to each of the TBs to ease some of your guys concerns about fitment/reliability. Long story short is I am using 95% of the Factory Stanza/altima TBs and a few off the shelf parts (Nuts and screws) so there should be no issues on that side.

I DO use the seals from the factory ZX TBs. I am going to need to work out how to get some seals in my hands before I can make any substantial orders. I had a thought to basically sell my version of the 60mm TBs for about 260 which would cover the cost of me finding 2 used TBs out of a junkyard as well as the regular price that I thought would be appropriate for the work.

Once I have all the proper tooling I believe that I should be able to turn around the Stanza/altima TBs in about 2-3 days per set. Please keep in mind that I do have a day job and it might float a bit as I expect to be doing a lot of this work on the weekends.

Again please feel free to email me at any time and I will gladly answer any questions for you guys. I am here to help you guys, not for profit.

I hope this answered all of your guys questions from your emails. Again, I will get back to you guys but thought this would be a good catch all for general questions.

-Clay

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.